Not many people will be that surprised that Iron Man 3 has done well this weekend but many a raised eyebrow will be that is have opened elsewhere we in the states have to wait until the end of this coming week!
Iron Man 3 Trailer 2
Iron Man 3 press release
This weekend Marvel’s IRON MAN 3 began its record-breaking rollout in 42 international territories representing 79% of the international marketplace. The film has taken in an estimated $195.3M, surpassing the $185.1M international opening weekend take of Marvel’s The Avengers. The film opens in the U.S. on May 3rd.
Note: Significant territories not opening this weekend are: Russia, China and Germany.
Biggest opening weekend ever in: Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.
Biggest opening day ever in: Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia
Biggest Marvel opening weekend in: Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Romania, New Zealand, Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines and Malaysia
#1 film in every market and is the biggest opening weekend of all time in Asia Pacific and Latin America
Performance to date – key territories
Additional details by key territory:
- Australia Biggest Disney and Marvel opening of all time
- Brazil 2nd biggest opening weekend of all time
- Mexico 3rd biggest opening weekend of all time
- France 2nd biggest Marvel opening behind (Spider Man 3)
- Italy Biggest April opening in industry history
- UK 2nd biggest Marvel opening of all time behind The Avengers
- India 2nd biggest all time opening, 44% above The Avengers
- Japan 3rd biggest Marvel opening day