A UK political magazine, The New Statesman has the opposition party leaders past and current depicted as different versions of the Doctor from Doctor Who.
The Labour party leaders cover features Ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair as Peter Davison Doctor, Ex-Prime Minister Harold Wilson as William Hartnell’s Doctor, Ed Miliband (current party leader in opposition) as Matt Smith’s Doctor, Neil Kinnock as Christopher Eccleston’s Doctor and Ex-Prime Minister Gordon Brown as Tom Baker’s Doctor!
It is under the heading “Can Ed Miliband regenerate the Labour Party?” to accompany an article titled “The only way is down”: by George Eaton on the current crisis in the Labour Party.
Doctor Who Series 8 (2014) comes to it’s climax this Saturday, November 8th 2014, with a Cyberman invasion of London and a sex changed Master!
Featured Labour Party leaders
- Harold Wilson was UK Prime Minister from 1964 to 1970 and 1974 to 1976
- Neil Kinnock was Leader of the Labour Party from 1983 to 1992
- Tony Blair was UK Prime Minister from 1997 to 2007
- Gordon Brown was UK Prime Minister from 2007 to 2010
- Ed Miliband is the current Leader of the Labour Party fighting to be Prime Minister in the upcoming May 2015 elections.
Featured Doctor Who Actors
- William Hartnell played the Doctor from 1963 to 1966
- Tom Baker played the Doctor from 1974 to 1981
- Peter Davison played the Doctor from 1981 to 1984
- Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor in 2005
- Matt Smith played the Doctor from 2010 to 2014
Click here for the The New Statesman website