Here’s a video feature showing some of the expertise behind the scenes of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which returns us to the wizarding world created by JK Rowling.
Academy Award winner Eddie Redmayne stars in the central role of wizarding world magizoologist Newt , under the direction of David Yates, who helmed the last four Harry Potter blockbusters.
The film opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident…were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
Stars also include
- Katherine Waterston as Tina
- Dan Fogler as Jacob
- Alison Sudol as Tina’s sister Queen Ezra Miller Credence
- Samantha Morton as Mary Lou
- Jon Voight as Henry Shaw, Sr
- Ron Perlman as Gnarlack
- Carmen Ejogo as Seraphina
- Jenn Murray as Chastity
- Faith Wood-Blagrove as Modesty
- Colin Farrell as Percival Graves
The film marks the screenwriting debut of JK Rowling, whose beloved Harry Potter books were adapted into the top-grossing film franchise of all time. Her script was inspired by the Hogwarts textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, written by her character Newt Scamander.
The film reunites a number of people from the Harry Potter features, including producers David Heyman, JK Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.
Collaborating with Yates behind the scenes are:
- Director of photography Philippe Rousselot
- Production designer Stuart Craig, Colleen Atwood
- Visual effects supervisor Tim Burke
- Visual effects supervisor Christian Manz
- Plus: Yates’ longtime editor Mark Day
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is being filmed at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, which was home to the Harry Potter films for a decade. Some scenes were also shot on location in Liverpool, England.
Warner Bros. Pictures has slated Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them for worldwide release in 2D and 3D in select theatres and IMAX on November 18th 2016.