Check out the Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 1 Official Trailer. The comedy animated series premieres on August 6th, 2020.
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 1 Official Trailer
The series was developed by Emmy Award winner Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites). Lower Decks is a new half-hour animated comedy series. It focuses on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships, the USS Cerritos, in 2380. Ensigns Mariner, Boimler, Rutherford and Tendi have to keep up with their duties and their social lives.
The first of the ten episodes of Star Trek: Lower Decks premieres August 6, 2020, only on CBS All Access. The following episodes will debut one at a time on Thursdays.
The Starfleet crew residing in the “lower decks” of the USS Cerritos, includes Ensigns:-
- Beckett Mariner, voiced by Tawny Newsome
- Brad Boimler, voiced by Jack Quaid
- Tendi, voiced by Noël Wells
- Rutherford, voiced by Eugene Cordero
The Starfleet characters that comprise the ship’s bridge crew include:-
- Captain Carol Freeman, voiced by Dawnn Lewis
- Commander Jack Ransom, voiced by Jerry O’Connell
- Lieutenant Shaxs, voiced by Fred Tatasciore
- Doctor T’Ana, voiced by Gillian Vigman
The series is produced by:-
- CBS’ Eye Animation Productions
- CBS Television Studios’ new animation arm
- Secret Hideout; and Roddenberry Entertainment
Serving as executive producers are:-
- Secret Hideout’s Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin
- Roddenberry Entertainment’s Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth
- Katie Krentz from 219 Productions
They are working alongside creator and showrunner Mike McMahan.
Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout), who brought McMahan to the project, serves as a co-executive producer.
Titmouse (Big Mouth), the Emmy Award-winning independent animation production company, serves as the animation studio for the series.
Star Trek: Lower Decks will air exclusively on CBS All Access in the United States and is distributed worldwide by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.
Expanding Star Trek franchise
Star Trek: Lower Decks is the first animated series to join the expanding Star Trek franchise on CBS All Access, which includes:-
- Hit original series Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: Discovery, returning with season three later this year
- The recently announced USS Enterprise set series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, featuring Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck
- The development of a Section 31-based series with Michelle Yeoh
- A CG-animated Star Trek series aimed at younger audiences is also in the works for Nickelodeon.
For this series we expect the ship to be rocked by a multitude of sci-fi anomalies! And maybe Klingons on the starboard bow?